Calypso dance (GSM)

Angus Ainslie angus.ainslie at
Tue Oct 21 23:13:02 CEST 2008

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 4:59 PM, Werner Almesberger <werner at>wrote:

> Is there anything else directly relayed to the GSM firmware that
> should be on this list ?
> - Werner
Some of my questions I'm assuming can't be answered because of the TI NDA
but I'd still be interested in those that can be answered.

I've been looking at the schematic for the headset plug and it looks like
the firmware gets upgraded through the irda rx and tx lines of the Calypso.
Does it really use irda signaling on a wired interface or does it just use
TTL RS-232 ? If not either of those what is the signaling protocol.

I know that neither the source nor the download utility can be posted but
could a binary image of the firmware be avaialable for download ?

Angus Ainslie