Removing devel@ or staying on-topic

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 13:13:12 CET 2008

2008/10/27 Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mickey at openmoko.org>

> Hi,
>
> I'm usually for adding more lists rather than removing, but as a matter of
> fact, the devel mailing list is hardly used and on the community list there
> are lots of development related postings.
>
> Should we remove devel completely or should we try harder to stay on topic?

Actually the developer/user distinction is not so clear. Openmoko is still
in a brainstorming/developing/hack phase, and due to lack of gui settings
frontend the "normal" user has to document itself and to use ssh.
When the software stack will be complete it will be easy to define this
better.
In the while we may try harder to stay in topic when possible with a bit of
temporary tolerance.

Regards

    Nicola