[base] zhone does not show GUI

Marcel tanuva at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 27 18:39:49 CET 2008

Moin!

I have installed frameworkd and zhone on today's (according to opkg nothing
changed since yesterday) base image. The former seems to start/run, no output
if I start it from a terminal. Now I start zhone which produces this output:

root at d-a318:~# zhone
GUI init
GUI init done
entering mainloop

But there's no GUI showing up, neither any other messages. Additionally, I
have to kill -9 zhone to stop it doing nothing (?).
Since this is no good report, I would like to know where to get any other
debug messages. Does zhone have some verbose mode or do I have to somehow
manage to get frameworkd's loads of text which I cannot redirect
with "frameworkd > somefile" into a file (help!)?

-Marcel, hoping for someone who understands the last paragraph...