Status report about suspend/resume issues

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Thu Oct 30 19:01:32 CET 2008

On Thursday 30 October 2008 18:44:36 you wrote:

>     Right now, I am thinking to invoke "xset s off" before "apm -s" and
> "xset s TIMEOUT" right after "apm -s" in ompower. Is it better to open
> the apm bios to handle the resume event?
>     And I am thinking is there any good way to get the TIMEOUT value in
> ompower? What in my mind is may through xlib api.

Two things:
	- It is ugly that a daemon needs DISPLAY to be set but we can survive

	- I don't remember if the "make" suspend synchronous changes of sandman where
ever merged upstream. You need to make sure that system("apm -s") only returns
until after the suspend. There is little guarantee and with Opie we once had a
problem like this with the apm emulation (but that was in 2000). Just keep it
in mind.

	- Alternatively you can enable kdrive's apm bios handling again that could
solve this issue nicely. You might need matt's help to debug any issues coming
from apm_bios.c kernel features (we all know linux is bug free).

z.