Freerunner toolkit/sdk

Julian Chu julian_chu at
Tue Sep 2 09:19:30 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 10:58:45AM +0530, Muthu Subramanian wrote:
> Hi,
>   I was trying to compile neod. This was to patch the latest neod with
> the changes for the 'not to go to standby' feature -
> I have the latest toolkit. When I try to compile the sample program -
> it throws me a link error. Something like 'cannot find
> /home/build/<somedir>/<somelib>.lib'
> When I try to om-conf the neod - it throws me an error saying
> 'libpulse' not found.
> Whats the shortest way of getting the toolkit/devel environment up and
> running? There are lot of issues which i would like to fix/customize -
> and I am not really keen on spending too much time on setting up the
> environment.
> Thanks for the help,
> Muthu Subramanian
> []
> devel at
        I don't understand what does "toolkit" mean, but I guess you
        mean meta-toolchain.

        I can build the sample program with latest meta-toolchain.
        /usr/local/openmoko/source/openmoko-sample2/src/.libs$ file openmoko-sample
        openmoko-sample: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1
        (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.14, dynamically
        linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

        As far as I know the problem is about .la files.

        by the way, it do really not inlcude libpulse. But you can compile
        it by yourself.
        by the way, out building system also add some patch for it. ;a=blob;f=packages/pulseaudio/;h=8da4a1c7da8c9585d11e0e41c079275d9fc51a1d;;a=tree;f=packages/pulseaudio/pulseaudio-0.9.10;h=acd3bc20ca3206a74e0ff2568948b1e8e51c9f12;