Openmoko Bug #1955: pppd persist and holdoff does not work

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Wed Sep 3 08:48:24 CEST 2008

#1955: pppd persist and holdoff does not work
 Reporter:  niccolo  |          Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  defect   |         Status:  new
Component:  unknown  |        Version:
 Severity:  normal   |       Keywords:
Blockedby:           |   Reproducible:  always
 Blocking:           |
 I configured my /etc/ppp/peers/provider with '''persist''' and '''holdoff
 20''' options, but it seems that the connection does not restart once

 The pppd process is running and idle on a select() call, but it does not
 execute the '''connect''' chatscript again.