[ Software Testing Report : 2008.09.05 ]

regina regina_kim at openmoko.com
Fri Sep 5 15:31:40 CEST 2008

Hi, All

today i report instead of Wendy because she is busy to other stuffs.
As i mention to statistic we are busy on next 2008.09 update now.
this week we flashed and tested everyday with stable branch images.

let me sum up,

first of all related GSM network issue getting stable.
we can make a call and receive clearly.
but when Device turns on still it takes time to get signal and SMS seems not stable yet.
like #1587 issue sometimes can not receive SMS.

today Wendy & Regina spent most of time for Location.
actually we tested Location in around NeiHu(near taipei office)area by riding a bicycle
(interesting field test by sean's bicycle. thanks and sorry sean! ;-)  )

we have found out weird bugs which are not happened before.
we suppose to that bugs are kind of side effect ??

1.Received tags will disappear after close location.
2.once confirm tag still shows as "New" and "today" after re-enter location.
3.red spot sparkling by around location not exactly what we are.
  but it can be fixed exactly location in few min.
4.one specific Neo can't accept delete tags.
  so i will keep showing in the tag list.
5.few more...

And what's going on in the Trac now,

we closed/Open some issues

#1697(Closed): [Battery] No Alert message when battery is low - Fixed by red icon when batter is low
                         but No beep sound because our illume did not support sound effect yet.

#1661(Closed): [Location] Unable to send saved tags by entering number.we have discovered this is not a issue.
                          because space is added automatically when enter number.  ;-)

#1522(Closed): [Installer] Update packages - Close this because the function does work, and open #1950 more clear package for user to download.

#1586(Closed): [Qtopia] Antenna show with signal, but can't make any phone call or receive call (no alert message)

#1760(Closed): [Qt-dialer]Can't really end up outgoing calls if the other side did not pick it up

#1928(Closed): Settings don't change the suspend time

#1952(Closed): [Systemsoftware] it wakes up from suspend but screen is black

During this week we saw this "screensaver" problem, but now it's fine.

#1739(Closed): [settings] Profile will show up "unknown" message. Just because the setting need to wait Qtopia set all down,
                so once it's not set yet, it will keep showing unknown.

#1943(New): [Installer] install package time out take 15min. please reduce the Time.

we will file bugs more later about location what i mention above.

if you want know more Please visit Trac (https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=in_testing&status=new&status=reopened&group=component&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&milestone=Om2008.9&report=13)

--
Thanks
Best Regards,

Regina Kim