org.openmoko.asu.dev to be closed

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Sun Sep 7 00:35:36 CEST 2008

On Thursday 04 September 2008 08:15:37 John Lee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder what's the pros and cons if we just branch off asu.testing
> from org.openmoko.dev and settle it in 2008.9 instead of
> 2008.9+x(10)?

Pros: Closer to org.openmoko.dev and org.openembedded.dev (meaning more and
updated packages)

Cons: Upgrade path from 2008.8 to org.openmoko.dev is untested, QA didn't test
org.openmoko.dev images yet. org.openmoko.dev didn't compile with
BB_GIT_CLONE_FOR_SRCREV until a few seconds ago, some one needs verify that
the right theme files etc... are used

The cons include all the things that we will have to do for 2008.9+x and so
far no one has done them.

z.