Creating ipks from python distutils?

Deniz Koçak lenduha at
Fri Sep 12 10:22:34 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Matthias <ughl0r at> wrote:
> Hi,
> i have started a python project and want to create a package for the
> freerunner. i am using distutils. is it possible to create an ipk with
> distutils? I am new to this, so i would be happy if anyone has an idea.
> Perhaps it is possible to create a bdist-tarball with and convert
> it to an ipk?
>for standard Makefiles: nothing, OE will do 'make all && make install' by default

for autoconf based Makefiles: 'inherit autoconf'
for scons based things: 'inherit scons'
for distutils based things: 'inherit distutils'
for qmake based things: 'inherit qmake'

So you can package distutils based applications like autoconf based
ones just adding inherit distutils in your bitbake file.