No feeds are compatible with fso3 (Was: OFT Status Update 2008.9.1)

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Fri Sep 12 10:25:40 CEST 2008

Am Freitag, den 12.09.2008, 15:48 +0930 schrieb Rod Whitby:
> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> > Hi guys! This is the fourth Openmoko Framework Team Status update,
> > featuring our third milestone release and more.
> > # Grab a uImage and a .jffs2 for your device from
> > http://downloads.openmoko.org/framework/milestone3/ when it's ready.
>
> Note that there is an incompatibility between how these milestone3 images
> have been built, and how the fso-testing feed on shr.bearstech.com has been
> built.  I've fully documented how I'm building the fso-testing feed in the
> README file on shr.bearstech.com, and have had that build process reviewed
> by you guys, so you must have done something different for your golden
> images, or there is some non-repeatability happening in bitbake ...
>
> For example, I flashed the milestone3 images, and then opkg upgraded from
> the fso-testing feed, and got strange things like the following:
>
> Upgrading frameworkd-config on root from
> 0.8.2+gitr0+248637c1264624aa08de40c2bbea96c418e0702e-r0 to
> 0.8.2+gitr248637c1264624aa08de40c2bbea96c418e0702e-r0...

*sigh* Looks like Bitbake is to blame here. This git revision counting
is just not reliable :(

Jan, which Bitbake version did you use to build ms3?

> Anyway, I can't recommend using any feeds in existence to update your
> milestone3 images.

Agreed. This is very sad, but I'm afraid we can not rely on OE-built git
software anymore until we have merged Holger's SRCPV changes to
OpenEmbedded.

Do you have a better idea?

:M: