ondemand vpn, pppd call openvpn?

Jason openmoko at lakedaemon.net
Fri Sep 12 17:40:40 CEST 2008

All,

I just received my freerunner :-)  I installed openssl and openvpn from
[1] and it works fine through wifi so far.  I can ping my mailserver.

What I would like to do is to automagically bring up the vpn (and set
the default route) when pppd [2] detects traffic.

Has anyone ever done this?  Is it as simple as doing:

connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/chatscripts/tmobile; \
	sleep_till_ready; /etc/init.d/openvpn start"
disconnect "/etc/init.d/openvpn stop; /usr/sbin/chat -v -f \
	etc/ppp/chatscripts/tmobile-disconnect"

in  /etc/ppp/peers/tmobile?

thx,

Jason.