Announce: "rotate" program.

Jason openmoko at lakedaemon.net
Sat Sep 13 14:57:10 CEST 2008

SCarlson wrote:
> abatrour wrote:
>> Is there a way I can continue to have this running in the background? I
>> run the command in ssh and it works but now I have to ctrl+c to get the
>> shell again but the program stops running.
>>

>  Put a & in front of it.

I assume by in front, you mean at the end of the command (last character
typed)?

Also, if a process is already running (and has taken the terminal) you
can hit CTRL-z to pause it (this gives you the prompt back, but doesn't
kill the process).  Then type 'bg' on the command line.  This will
resume execution of the process, but in the background.  Leaving you
free to use the terminal.

hth,

Jason.