Openmoko Bug #1904: om2008.8 wifi don't get always an ipv4 ip

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Tue Sep 16 15:47:12 CEST 2008

#1904: om2008.8 wifi don't get always an ipv4 ip
    Reporter:  dolfje   |        Owner:  openmoko-devel
        Type:  defect   |       Status:  new
Reproducible:           |     Blocking:

Comment(by elfo):

 Already tested (WEP 128bit ASCII 54Mbit/s) in FSO milestone 3.

 iwconfig eth0 essid XXXX mode managed channel 1 key s:xxxxxxxxxx
 ifconfig eth0 up
 ping (router's ip)

 ~88% packet loss being at 10cm/1m/3m and it seems to get worse over time.

 Does signal strength = 192/94 (or similar values) in iwconfig make any

 I'll try changing WEP key but I'd like to know if there's any way I could
 sniff packages using the FR and see what's actually going on between FR
 and router