New Meta-toolchain

Julian Chu julian_chu at openmoko.com
Tue Sep 16 21:41:23 CEST 2008

Hi,

        There is a fresh meta-toolchain.
        You can download it by the link.
        http://downloads.openmoko.org/toolchains/openmoko-i686-arm-linux-gnueabi-toolchain.tar.bz2
        or
        http://downloads.openmoko.org/toolchains/openmoko-x86_64-arm-linux-gnueabi-toolchain.tar.bz2

        This meta-toolchain didn't include enought libraries, actually.
        It was smaller.

        If you need some libraries but not be included in the toolchain,
        you can use opkg to download it from downloads.openmoko.org.
        ( the default respository is Testing-repository )

        Warning: I believe there are some dependency-bugs because nobody
        use -dev packages before. I cannot verify all of them by myself.
        If you find some dependency bugs, I am deeply appreicate you
        report it.

        Sorry I didn't update the wiki page right now because I am
        almost fall asleep. ( I will update it tomorrow)

        These are some steps I use meta-toolchain to build assassin.

        * Download the meta-toolchain and extract to /usr/local/

        # Read in environment variables.
        $source /usr/local/openmoko/arm/environment-setup

        # Update opkg database. Notice: use *opkg-target* but not *opkg*
        $opkg-target update

        # I wanna build om-installer(assassin), install some libraries
        # Have a cup of coffee
        $opkg-target install libedje-dev
        $opkg-target install packagekit-dev
        $opkg-target install edbus-dev
        $opkg-target install libetk-dev
        $opkg-target install libts-dev

        # checkout the source code
        $cd /tmp
        $svn checkout http://om-assassin.googlecode.com/svn/trunk assassin
        $cd assassin

        # Build !
        $./autogen.sh --host=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi
        $ file src/assassin
        src/assassin: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.14, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

        if you got some message when do configure, like this

        No package 'edje' found

        you can try "opkg-target list |grep edje |grep dev" to find out
        what package you should install.

Good Night,

-Ju1ian