[2008.8] TangoGPS/gpsd and suspend/resume

Radek Bartoň blackhex at post.cz
Tue Sep 16 22:13:03 CEST 2008

Dne Tuesday 16 of September 2008 18:47:18 Matt Brown napsal(a):
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 11:39 PM, Al Johnson <
> > It's in ogpsd in the latest FSO milestone release according to:
> >
> > http://wiki.openmoko.org/index.php?title=OpenmokoFramework/Status_Update_
> >4
> And working great, I haven't done any proper timings, but it gets a
> fix after walking outside each morning (after being powered off
> overnight) "quickly", usually within about 30 seconds. Quick enough
> that by the time you've taken a few steps and pulled out the phone it
> is reporting data.
> Still lots of glitches and bugs in the zhone and tangogps interfaces,
> but the basic GPS save/restore almanac/ephemeris data seems to be
> working OK.

Are you talking about FSO milestone 3 image?

Sorry for silly question, I don't know much about FSO/2008.8 backends:

I'm wondering if it is somehow possible (easy enough) to cut out ogpsd from
frameworkd or use entire frameworkd in 2008.8 (without collision with present
daemons like gpsd)?

Ing. Radek Bartoň

Faculty of Information Technology
Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Brno University of Technology

E-mail: blackhex at post.cz
Web: http://blackhex.no-ip.org
Jabber: blackhex at jabber.cz