New Meta-toolchain

John Lee john_lee at openmoko.com
Wed Sep 17 08:58:27 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 12:20:40PM +0800, Chia-I Wu wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 03:41:23AM +0800, Julian Chu wrote:
> >         $./autogen.sh --host=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi
> >         $ file src/assassin
> >         src/assassin: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.14, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped
> When compiling the theme file, my edje_cc (/opt/e17/bin/edje_cc) is used
> and edje_cc could not be found under /usr/local/openmoko.  I do not have
> a clean machine to verify if the build still succeeds without edje_cc
> already being installed.

It looks like it's going to fail.

The current structure of meta-toolchain only allows easy installation
of 'target' packages, i.e. all, armv4t and om-gta02 but not
'native/host' packages like edje-native.  That means any application
that requires host binaries to build will need the binaries to be
installed on host manually or we need to come out with a 'sdk' package
for it.

For example, the pkgconfig that comes with the toolchain is in fact
pkgconfig-sdk.  Following this pattern, it seems we need edje-sdk for
i686 and x86_64.

Regards,
John