om-locations (tangoGPS?) dbus routes

Chia-I Wu olv at
Wed Sep 17 09:07:59 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 07:47:34AM +0200, Simon Kagstrom wrote:
> > [...]  The Track method takes an objpath as its argument and asks
> > DiversityTrack to monitor the object accociated with the objpath.  By
> > monitoring Self (current location), DiversityTrack would start
> > recording the locations and the recorded locations will be sent to
> > those who interest.
> I'm not sure I understand how the AttachData would work though. Is
> there a way to implement my suggestion of adding "icons" or "text"
> along the route (I'm thinking of kilometer marks) which is displayed in
> locations?
AttachData allows clients to attach "data" to points.  The
interpretation of the "data" is decided by the clients (thus the type
"variant").  To support multiple clients, AttachData should at least be

	AttachData(int, str, variant) -> void

For example, Locations might attach data under the key "om-locations".

Depending on what Locations wants to show, it could encode needed
information, text and/or path to an icon, in dbus representable forms.