unable to read from Sandisk 8Gb SD

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Wed Sep 24 09:46:26 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> |> It used to be that our kernel packages followed our stable kernel git
> daily.
> |>
> |> But the hash on that one tells it is stuck at Aug 23 patchlevel...
> |
> | Yet another reason why the openmoko autobuilder configuration should be
> | documented and published somewhere.
> |
> | As an example, the person in charge of the openmoko autobuilder should
> | publish the same information as can be found on
> | http://downloads.freesmartphone.org and make the web server show the
> | *actual* conf files used, like in
> | http://downloads.freesmartphone.org/fso-testing/conf/ ...
> Yes, they (whoever they are) have packages from 16th September, it
> doesn't look like we broke the build since everywhere is different aged
> package.

The fso-testing distro builds the version of the linux-openmoko kernel
denotes as latest stable by the conf/distro/include/sane-srcrevs.inc
file, which currently in OE git (not OM git) on the org.openembedded.dev
branch says:

SRCREV_pn-linux-openmoko ?= "ca19d156400f817960efe0d14680324b2ea34171"

In OM git, that same file (in the org.openmoko.dev branch) says:

SRCREV_pn-linux-openmoko ?= "a1e97c611253511ffc2d8c45e3e6d6894fa03fa3"

which surprise surprise matches the ipk in

I have no idea what determines which version is built for the feeds at
since there is no published build configuration on
downloads.openmoko.org anywhere to be found.

It's up the the person in charge of testing the linux-openmoko bitbake
recipe to determine what the latest stable version in the feeds should
be by updating that sane-srcrevs.inc file (after booting an image using
that kernel of course).

-- Rod