unable to read from Sandisk 8Gb SD

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 16:17:46 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I think we are facing a limitation of the package/build environment.
It's nice to have stable/testing packages, but for day-to-day
development we need to be able to mix all those in a manner that makes
sens for developers.

If I'm working on a package or I'm having a bug that is experimentally
being fixed in this package, I need to be able to "unmask" the git
version, build it and install it on my target. This way I can always
mask back the thing, update and get every back to stable or testing.

Bitbake claims to be inspired of Gentoo Portage, but actually it misses
the biggest feature. The ability to choose which packages will be taken
from testing, or directly from source control, plus the ability to
choose which features are going to be compiled in a specific
application. I think without this we cannot be productive by trying to
mix prebuilt packages and packages built on the side.

Nicolas