FSO Taipei agenda update (Alarm and SMS DBus API)
daniel at openmoko.org
Wed Sep 24 18:34:19 CEST 2008
On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 17:16:12 +0800
Daniel Willmann <daniel at totalueberwachung.de> wrote:
> Hello list,
> most of the FSO team is now in Taipei and yesterday we collected items
> we want to discuss/work on in the three weeks we will be here.
> Here's the preliminary list of problems we want to tackle. If you have
> any comments or questions please ask!
Today we talked about the following topics:
> * Alarm/Wakeup
* Do we just want to make sure that the device is awake at a certain
point in time or do we want to signal that fact as well to the program
registering the wakeup?
We will go with the latter.
* SetAlarm(timestamp) / ClearAlarm()
* Just register one alarm per application
* If an application registers the Alarm the a method on a specific
method will get called on that bus name.
* An application with a well known bus name can utilise dbus
* If an application without well known bus name quits before their
alarm goes off the alarm is removed since we have no way of informing
* timestamp is just seconds since epoch
* Question: Can the RTC wake up the device from power off (not suspend)?
* How does the RTC signal us that an interrupt occurred?
* Call AlarmFired at /org/freesmartphone/Application on the bus
name/well known name
* Where would the alarm subsystem live? It could be a different daemon.
Maybe we can use waked as a base?
> * Enhancing SMS DBus API
> * TP-UDH (SMS Header) support
* We have org.freesmartphone.GSM.SIM
* GetMessagebookInfo() -> ...
* RetrieveMessagebook(category) -> a(index, category, number, message)
* RetrieveMessage(index) -> a(category, number, message)
* StoreMessage(number, message) -> index
* We need an a(sv) argument (properties) in order to configure the more
advanced SMS features. If it's empty defaults will be used.
* We need to define a list of key names for the properties
* multi SMS will be represented in the properties and interpreted by PIM
or the SMS application
* Changes to org.freesmartphone.GSM.SIM
* [M] RetrieveMessagebook(category) -> a(index, category, number,
* [M] RetrieveMessage(index) -> a(category, number, message,
* [M] StoreMessage(number, message, properties) -> index
* [S] IncomingMessage(number, message, properties)
* [M] SendMessage(number, message, properties) -> transaction_index
* [S] MessageSent(transaction_index)
* [S] MessageDelivered(transaction_index)
* This should be implemented somewhere in PIM, not in GSM.SMS
* [M] SetSmsSimBuffering(bool) (or similar name)
* [M] GetSmsSimBuffering() -> bool
* [S] SmsSimBufferingChanged(bool) (Not sure if that is needed)
* The SimBuffering switches whether SMS should be saved to SIM or
just reported on the wire.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/devel/attachments/20080925/2b7f8edd/attachment.pgp
More information about the devel