do you join to make fake multitouch on Freerunner?

Aapo Rantalainen aapo.rantalainen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 13:04:16 CEST 2009

This fake multitouch (or emulated multitouch, virtual multitouch,
pseudo multitouch...) are discussed a lot. But I haven't see any plan
how it should be done on Freerunner. Should it be library or driver
(or even feature in Xorg)?

I know somebody thinks it is useless, somebody thinks it can't be
done. I'm still interested in working with it, is there anybody else
interested in implementing something? (or even speculating about
implementation)

There are video of simulating multitouch with device which doesn't
have really multitouch. (Nokia Internet Tablet n800) There are also
one part showing what it can't do. (moving first finger confuses it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJWvvn_cePM

-Aapo Rantalainen