GUI application development for GTA02 - Which framework?

Michael Tansella michael-tansella at gmx.de
Thu Apr 16 11:37:45 CEST 2009

On Thursday 16 April 2009 10:00:27 Matthias Keller wrote:
> On the other hand, the build environment for Qt4 is not really usable. It
> get's pretty experimental when trying to use Qt Designer for designing the
> GUI. First, there seems to be no "qmake" (or mkspec) for the GTA02
> platform. In general, documentation for OpenMoko application development
> with Qt is missing.

Hi,

I'm programming Qt4 for the Freerunner with new QtCreator. In my opinion it is
a very good lightweight IDE which has everything I need: empedded QtDesigner,
code completion, subversion, debugging, ...  I'have also startet a project
which will configure Qtcreator for easy compile on host, crosscompiling,
packaging and copy to freerunner. In the latest SHR unstable there are even
the whole Qt libs on board.

Unfortunately I didn't have the time to upload my project yet. I hope to do
that soon.

Greets
Michael