help for flasing qtopia apps

Freelancer Kiran freelancer.kiran at
Sat Apr 18 10:31:11 CEST 2009

     I flashed my GTA02 with qt-extended 4.4.2 into flash memory. I am not getting listing of applications installed, under Applications menu.

     I build qt-extended on my Ubuntu machine with arm tool chain. I generated "ipk" package files for my application from this build. I installed this into Neo Freerunner using "opkg install <pkg name>". With this, I am able to get my application binary into /Opt/Trolltech/Qtopia/bin. But that application is not listed in     Menu->Applications.

    Also, I copied "content_installer" into bin folder to make it work. But still no luck :-(

    Any guesses? Do I need to do anything more?

Kiran .