openmoko build setup

Amit Pundir pundiramit at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 12:53:19 CEST 2009

Hi team,

I'm stuck at setting up openmoko build environment on my machine.
I tried the instructions on openmoko wiki but it seems they are broken.

I'm relatively new to openmoko/openembedded and bitbake so its quite
difficult for me to debug the things at my side.

It would be great if someone can verify the build instructions used by
me as they are present at openmoko wiki.

I first tried the instructions given here,
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenEmbedded#From_Scratch:_OpenEmbedded,
but failed here is the log:
1. export OE_HOME=${HOME}/oe
2. git clone git://git.openembedded.net/openembedded
${OE_HOME}/org.openembedded.dev
3. cd ${OE_HOME}/org.openembedded.dev
4. git pull
5. copied the following local.conf as conf/build/local.conf,
http://pastebin.com/f7b05f7ee
6. bitbake fso-image          --->          Error: http://pastebin.com/f408acb20

Then I tried building from unofficial MokoMakefile,
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/MokoMakefile, here is the log:
1. wget http://downloads.freesmartphone.org/Makefile
2. make setup          --->         successful
3. make fso-gta02-testing-image            --->          Error:
http://pastebin.com/f75407ece

I tried building from scratch also,
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Building_Openmoko_from_scratch#How_to_build,
but instructions those were for om2007.2 so I didn't try it.

Please let me know how to setup openmoko and openembedded build
environment for Neo FreeRunner.
Thanks for your concern.

Regards
Amit Pundir