Openmoko Bug #2277: Wireless does not work with the 2.6.29 kernel

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Thu Apr 30 02:06:47 CEST 2009

#2277: Wireless does not work with the 2.6.29 kernel
 Reporter:  arhuaco  |          Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  defect   |         Status:  new
Component:  unknown  |        Version:
 Severity:  normal   |       Keywords:
 Haspatch:  0        |      Blockedby:
Estimated:           |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:           |   Reproducible:

Comment(by werner):

 Interesting. I also see this with
 gta02_moredrivers_defconfig, and my minimal rootfs built in February. So
 user space is pretty much exonerated.

 My session went as follows:
 - booted and everything looked fine
 - iwlist scan and iwconfig essid both worked
 - association with an unencrypted AP succeeded. DHCP failed, but that
   to be a problem of that AP. (My laptop couldn't DHCP either.)
 - when I looked again a few minutes later, iwlist scan said "Interface
   support scanning." and iwconfig shows a "blank" interface and an attempt
   set the ESSID yields "SET failed on device eth0 ; Input/output error."
 - unbind/bind did not solve the problem (!)

 What's interesting is that unbind/bind only went as far as
 mmc1: new SDIO card at address 0001
 and didn't print any of the AR6k-specific messages.

 - Werner