[paroli] update week 6/09

Mirko Lindner mirko at openmoko.com
Mon Feb 2 15:43:06 CET 2009

Hi all,

in the good tradition of weekly updates we will try to to get back on
track of keeping you posted on current developments in the paroli and
GUI section.

For the code base of paroli(d) the past weeks development has been
focused on the core on the one hand and finishing the first set of
design files on the other.

biggest changes:
- a launcher was introduced allowing the launching of
paroli-applications from within paroli itself
- the dbus interface is optional and both modes should work
- closing application windows from within the window-manager does not
kill the process anymore
- introduction of a preliminary audio service allowing to mute calls (a
test service for non-fso environments was also added)
- a reworked version of the dialer was added
- works on an error-message service have begun
- works on a service checking for changes in the fso have begun
and many small fixes in the code

for more info go to http://www.paroli-project.org
(also check our api section at http://www.paroli-project.org/api/ )

Hoping that the core offers everything we need for now, we hope to be
able to focus our attention on the applications again.

Main points here are the integration of opimd, a more resource efficient
list generation as well as more a more generic and reusable code-base in
the apps.

/mirko

website: http://www.paroli-project.org
bug tracker: http://www.paroli-project.org/trac