[paroli] update week 6/09

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Tue Feb 3 00:11:22 CET 2009

SHR-unstable, 01/29, paroli downloaded 01/31 or 02/01:

root     INFO     read config file ./paroli.cfg
root     INFO     read config file /etc/paroli/paroli.cfg
root     INFO     read config file /home/root/.paroli/paroli.cfg
root     INFO     init gui
root     WARNING  can't use backend paroli : No module named etk
root     WARNING  can't use backend csdl : No module named gui
root     WARNING  can't use backend sdl : No module named guip
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./paroli", line 146, in <module>
    tichy.init_gui(None)
  File "../paroli-core/tichy/__init__.py", line 71, in init_gui
    import guip
ImportError: No module named guip

What is missing?

On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 15:43:06 +0100, Mirko Lindner <mirko at openmoko.com>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> in the good tradition of weekly updates we will try to to get back on
> track of keeping you posted on current developments in the paroli and
> GUI section.
>
> For the code base of paroli(d) the past weeks development has been
> focused on the core on the one hand and finishing the first set of
> design files on the other.
>
> biggest changes:
> - a launcher was introduced allowing the launching of
> paroli-applications from within paroli itself
> - the dbus interface is optional and both modes should work
> - closing application windows from within the window-manager does not
> kill the process anymore
> - introduction of a preliminary audio service allowing to mute calls (a
> test service for non-fso environments was also added)
> - a reworked version of the dialer was added
> - works on an error-message service have begun
> - works on a service checking for changes in the fso have begun
> and many small fixes in the code
>
> for more info go to http://www.paroli-project.org
> (also check our api section at http://www.paroli-project.org/api/ )
>
> Hoping that the core offers everything we need for now, we hope to be
> able to focus our attention on the applications again.
>
> Main points here are the integration of opimd, a more resource efficient
> list generation as well as more a more generic and reusable code-base in
> the apps.
>
> /mirko
>
> website: http://www.paroli-project.org
> bug tracker: http://www.paroli-project.org/trac