usbnet - MAC and sequential interfaces

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Feb 3 13:37:51 CET 2009

Andy Green wrote:
> GTA02 NOR U-Boot will then be incompatible with what we changed to.

Yup, except for the first partition. By the way, since we may
subdivide the kernel partition, we'll probably end up being
incompatible with what's probably the most common use of DFU
anyway. So I'd just recommend not mixing Qi and u-boot.

> Looking at the existing Qi code, it seemed we can find out if we have a
> bad block cheaply, without chewing through 2048 bytes at the CPU for
> each block.

Oh yes. It's not a question of speed, just of messiness carried
over from u-boot. But if you're willing to add this stuff to Qi,
that eliminates the compatibility problem very nicely.

Cool, one worry less. Now we just need those nice and polished
weekend jobs ;-)

- Werner