Xorg / Glamo ?

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Tue Feb 3 08:35:18 CET 2009

To Everyone:

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 01:17:16PM -0500, Christopher Friedt wrote:

> Originally I was following the Developer's Guide on the OpenMoko
> Wiki... it seems to be a bit outdated because it still suggests to
> synchronize with git.openmoko.org.

It's a real PITA to see that the wiki basically doesn't get this kind of
important update.  There once was a time (and this has actually been confirmed
to me recently by a number of people) where developers working for Openmoko
actually updated the wiki with everything they did.

So if somebody decides that git.openmoko.org is no longer used but instead
upstream OE, then whoever makes that decision: Please update the wiki to
reflect that change.

It is a terrible waste of developers time if they spend time with trivialities
like this, rather than working on actual development or bugfixing.

> Apparently we're all in the same boat - who has time to update documentation !?

I'm not expecting anyone to write lengthy novels.  But updating a single git
server address in the wiki? 30seconds, max.