Xorg / Glamo ?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Wed Feb 4 12:35:05 CET 2009

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:20:37 +0100 Thomas Seiler <thseiler at gmail.com> said:

> Hi christopher,
>
> > So if anyone who has a working build feels like being heroic, please
> > feel free to make a tarball and seed it out on bittorrent :)
>
> Actually I would be very interested in finding a solution to flatten
> this  learning curve...
> and also the time needed to start hacking...
>
> But OE as such is not relocatable i.e. you can not move it to a
> different directory (I think the reason is mainly the cross toolchain
> which has some pathes to the lib compiled into the binaries. So even
> if someone did package up this working oe tree, you would need to
> untar it precisely to the same location...

this is indeed a problem. even just a proper setup script/makefile officially
blessed and distributed by OE would be a big step!

also.. there needs to be rationalising of the oe distros - they really have
diverged too far. there needs to be a move back to 1 distro, just multiple
IMAGES that ship different package sets. at least now i am struggling to build
both angstrom and openmoko based images and on some targets openmoko just is
not going to play ball and vice-versa.

since openmoko is a bastard-child-of-angstrom - maybe we should merge back to
angstrom and simply fix some of its pluggability.

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com