Openmoko is hiring

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at openmoko.com
Wed Feb 4 13:54:27 CET 2009

Hi everybody,

Monday was the first day after Chinese New Year, and the first day in
our new office in Xindian, a bit outside of Taipei, in the vicinity of
many other interesting tech companies.
So far we find lots of good restaurants all around, very nice...
Two pictures from the new office
http://people.openmoko.org/wolfgang/xindian_office_view1.jpg
http://people.openmoko.org/wolfgang/xindian_office_view2.jpg
In the second one you can see Taipei 101 in the background (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taipei_101
).

If you want to stop by for a coffee, please feel free to do so. The
address is

9F, No.276, Jiang-Guo Rd.
Hsin-Tien City, Taipei County 231
Taiwan

Now that we are in our new office, and in the new Chinese year,
recruiting will become a much bigger focus for us. We have even hired
a full-time recruiter, who worked for our parent company FIC before.
She will start next week.
The open positions are mostly hardware positions in Taipei, but even
though the readers on these lists probably live outside of Taiwan, I
wanted to share the information so you know what's going on in Taipei.
Foreigners willing to move to Taipei are also welcome, we can help
with work permits etc.
Without going into too many details, some of the open positions in
Taipei are Electrical Engineer, QA Engineer, QA Manager, RF Engineer,
Production Engineer, Software Engineer (low-level / kernel).

There is one open position right now we are looking to add anywhere in
the world:
*** Paroli Project Member ***
For details, see http://www.paroli-project.org/
If you believe you can make a difference in Paroli, bring the power of
Python to an embedded device, please get in touch with me.

Best Regards,
Wolfgang