WLAN: known issues and how to help - uptime test

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Thu Feb 5 19:19:40 CET 2009

People,

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Philip Rhoades wrote:
>> AR6000 Reg Code = 0x40000060
>> AR6000 connected event on freq 2472 with bssid 00:1c:10:09:8e:32
>> listenInterval=100, beaconInterval = 100, beaconIeLen = 0 assocReqLen=29
>> assocRespLen =22
>> AR6000 Reg Code = 0x80000114
>
> Hmm, no disconnect before this ? The lengths look a little funny.
> This might be different from the other failure scenarios.
>
> What kind of AP are you using ? Does it run anything but the original
> firmware ? What's your encryption ?

Finally got back to this - the AP is a Linksys WRT546G - original
firmware I think.  No encryption, just restricting access via MAC
addressess.

I have just done my WLAN uptime test on the latest FSO milestone (5) and
the network stayed up for only about 4 hours (the record for an older
version of SHR is about 14 hours).

Regards,

Phil.
--