WLAN: known issues and how to help - uptime test - more results

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Feb 6 16:04:46 CET 2009

I wrote:
> This has actually some similarity to what happens when the AR6k
> firmware has crashed. Let me roll a debugging image ...

http://people.openmoko.org/werner/wlan-trial/20090206/

The kernel is andy-tracking 9029dff1f370018665a6e2999632a34fd0518f4d
using gta02_moredrivers_defconfig with extra debugging enabled:
http://svn.openmoko.org/developers/werner/wlan-trial/patch-20090206.patch
(This is a quick and dirty patch, nothing that should go into our
tree in this form.)

The two rootfs are bare-bone systems without a GUI that do exactly
what you tell them and nothing else. So they don't suspend, don't
run DHCP on their own, etc.

http://people.openmoko.org/werner/wlan-trial/20090206/wlan-trial-20090206.jffs2
is for NAND and a u-bootable (whole) SD card image is here:
http://people.openmoko.org/werner/wlan-trial/20090206/wlan-trial-20090206.sd_image.bz2

What would be interesting to see is if
a) the problem also appears with this environment, and
b) if it does, what dmesg has to say about it.

Thanks,
- Werner