WLAN: known issues and how to help - uptime test - more results

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Sun Feb 8 02:12:44 CET 2009

Werner,

Less than two hours this time . . see below:

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Philip Rhoades wrote:
>>
>> Thanks ! The first one looks good, except for this little oddity:
>>
>> 0.0.0.0         192.168.0.1     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0
>> 0.0.0.0         192.168.1.200   0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 usb0
>
> This doesn't seem to cause the connectivity problem we're examining,
> but two default routes with the same metric may cause confusion.

I changed the USB0 setup so this went away.

> In the second case, we seem to have an unhappy PHY:
>
>> eth0      AR6000 802.11g  ESSID:"linksys"
>>           Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.472 GHz  Access Point:
>> 00:1C:10:09:8E:32
>>           Bit Rate=65.535 Mb/s   Tx-Power=0 dBm   Sensitivity=0/3
>
> Both bit rate and TX power are off. This looks like
> http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1285

No sig differences between attached pre and post files?

> Besides the duplicate default route, things look good at the IP
> layer. So DHCP is exonerated.
>
> What's the system been doing between being good and going bad ?
> Did it suspend ?

I haven't done anything to turn suspend off (use mdbus?) - I attach
dmesg output just in case it is any use.

> Could you please also do an iwlist scan when WLAN is happy and
> again when it isn't ?

Done.

> This has actually some similarity to what happens when the AR6k
> firmware has crashed. Let me roll a debugging image ...

I will look at that next.

Regards,

Phil.
--