WLAN: known issues and how to help - uptime test - more results

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Mon Feb 9 00:28:22 CET 2009

Werner,

Phil.

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Philip Rhoades wrote:
>> Can't get it to boot with wlan-trial-20090206.uImage at the moment . .
>
> Strange. I retried again (kernel and rootfs in NAND) and it works just
> fine for me. I.e., you should be able to log in through USB about a
> minute after booting.

Trying to setup the connection from the desktop machine I get:

iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE -s 192.168.0.0/24
sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
ifconfig usb0 192.168.0.200 netmask 255.255.255.248
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
usb0: unknown interface: No such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
SIOCGIFADDR: No such device
SIOCSIFBROADCAST: No such device

- the USB device is not visible it seems . .

> If you bring up the u-boot boot menu and boot from there, does the
> output on the LCM shed any light on the issue ?

Using "Boot" I see "Reading from data" and numbers clicking over but it
just goes back to the menu after that.  If I use reboot, I get the
hanging problem.

> BTW, what do you
> normally use - Qi or u-boot ?

I have never installed Qi so it must be u-boot - should I install Qi?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades