WLAN: known issues and how to help - uptime test - more results

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Mon Feb 9 13:29:28 CET 2009

Werner,

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Philip Rhoades wrote:
>>   regulator : Unable to get requested regulator
>>   SO_3V3sc2440-sdi SO_3V3sc2440-sdi : Regulator for SO_3V3 unavailable
>
> That's expected and harmless.
>
>>   Cannot create link /etc/mtab~
>>   Perhaps there is a stale lock file?
>
> Hmm, getting weirder and weirder :-(
>
> Which rootfs are you trying to use now ? Also, are you booting off
> NAND or uSD ?

Still using:

   wlan-trial-20090206.jffs2
   wlan-trial-20090206.uImage

Booting from NAND - I use the SD card for storing stuff since I am
flashing images so often but I have actually removed the SD card at the
moment after a suggestion from Mike.

>> I meant I wanted to NOT use the USB connection at all . . just go
>> straight to wireless.
>
> Ah, but then you couldn't see what happened once the WLAN fails.
> Kinda defeats the purpose ;-)

My script writes to a log file so that would still be available once the
connection was made again.  Also, it would be interesting to just see
how long your stripped down setup would last, which would be some
information . .

Regards,

Phil.
--