Just doing talk with no show code - idea for an openmoko app - shakewake

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Thu Feb 12 01:23:45 CET 2009

Am Friday 06 February 2009 23:13:45 schrieb Andy Green:
> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> > Am Friday 06 February 2009 19:44:19 schrieb raghav n:
> >> Am just talking with no show code! I got this idea but not sure if its
> >> already there. I use the power button to suspend the freerunner and to
> >> wake it up too. I am not happy with it because I am a little scared that
> >> the button's lifetime will reduce. So, I got this idea of having an app
> >> that displays an icon on the Home screen which on being pressed will
> >> suspend the freerunner and give it a shake to wake it up. Any thoughts?
> >
> > I want my FR to autosuspend when it lies display-down on a flat surface
> > and wakeup when shaken.
> >
> > All these nice ideas are pending working resume on accellerometer action
> > (with configurable wakeup-threshold). What's the current status for that?
>
> Do a find /sys -name wakeup_threshold    and wakeup_duration, these are
> the guys that enable it.

Strike! Thanks Andy, it works. One minor glitch is that after a wakeup the
programmed threshold (not the wakeup_threshold, the usual threshold) seems to
be reset but the sysfs still shows the same value, so we should reprogram
that (preferred) or reflect the reset in the sysfs (2nd best).

Thanks again, this opens up for some nice tricks!

--
:M: