WLAN: known issues and how to help - uptime test - new record!

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Thu Feb 12 07:49:08 CET 2009

Werner,

Werner Almesberger wrote:
>>> - before starting the test, set  log_buf_len=2M  in  bootargs_base  in
>>>   the u-boot environment, and then retrieve the kernel messages with
>>>   dmesg -s 2000000
>>
>> Sounds like the best course . . so the complete command would be?:
>
> - Enter u-boot and do:
>
>   setenv bootargs_base ${bootargs_base} log_buf_len=2M
>   saveenv

The memory for the larger kernel does not stick between boots so I have
to do:

   setenv bootargs_base \${bootargs_base} log_buf_len=2M
   setenv bootcmd setenv bootargs \${bootargs_base} \${mtdparts}\; nand
read.e 0x32000000 kernel 0x300000\; bootm 0x32000000
   saveenv
   boot

at each boot but now the FR is taking forever to start with lines like:

   [xxxx:yyyyyy] r5:.... r4:.....
   [xxxx:yyyyyy] ..... kernel ....
   [xxxx:yyyyyy] r5:.... r4:.....

so I can't get to the stuff below . .