WLAN: known issues and how to help - Catch 22

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Fri Feb 13 17:12:24 CET 2009

People,

Philip Rhoades wrote:
> Werner,
>
> To reiterate - I am using:
>
>    wlan-trial-20090206.uImage
>    openmoko-fso-image-glibc-ipk--20090202-om-gta02.rootfs.jffs2
>
> while trying to use u-boot (NOR) with:
>
>    setenv bootargs_base \${bootargs_base} log_buf_len=2M
>    setenv bootcmd setenv bootargs \${bootargs_base} \${mtdparts}\; nand
> read.e 0x32000000 kernel 0x300000\; bootm 0x32000000
>    saveenv
>
> for network testing - the battery ran down.  So I have to allow a
> "normal" boot and use the charger rather than the USB PC connection to
> try and charge the battery but the battery isn't charging and I can't
> get the network connection to work so I can get software to try and
> force a fast charge.  So I can't do any more network testing until I can
> work out how to charge the battery . .

To answer my own question - I looked at the suggestions at:

   http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_Battery

but didn't get anywhere - then I found I could boot the FR on the
charger and then quickly swap the the charger cable with the USB cable
to the PC before the FR turned off!  Once the FR was connected to the PC
it would slowly charge! (where it wouldn't connected to the charger).

Tomorrow (when the FR is hopefully fully charged) I will look at the
WiFi uptime stuff again . .

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades