u-boot Gurus

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sat Feb 14 13:46:08 CET 2009

Philip Rhoades wrote:
>    setenv bootargs_base \${bootargs_base} log_buf_len=2M

It wasn't typo that I omitted the backslash in this one ;-)
It really should be like this:

setenv bootargs_base ${bootargs_base} log_buf_len=2M

The idea is to append log_buf_len without having to copy all
the other parameters.

>    saveenv

By the way, since you're using NOR, you shouldn't saveenv.
This just overwrites your NAND environment with the one from
NOR, killing all changes you may have had in NAND.

Note that the above setenv _did_ out invalid content into the
NAND environment. So when you get into NOR, please do a last
"saveenv" to restore this to a sane state.

I'm traveling for the next two days (one day longer thanks to
SA overbooking :-( ), so I won't not be able to check my mail
very often.

- Werner