paroli meets fso

Mirko Lindner mirko at openmoko.org
Tue Feb 17 12:17:10 CET 2009

Hi,

I met with the fso team last week and wanted to share some of the outcomes.

We talked about releases and especially about what we need for a fully
functional paroli. We came up with fso milestone 5.5. It will focus on
the tings desperately needed for paroli - namely bluetooth, pim and some
"loose end" that need tying, some sms issues etc.

To help the process along we will create a contacts:opimd service using
the fso api and start working with it and deliver first insights into
its functionality etc.

In other pim sections is still work needed. The messages pim is not
quite there yet but we will coordinate with fso to see how we can help.
Logs are in pim at all yet, but are among the top 3 priorities and here
as well we hope to work together, and if you think this is your place,
pop us a mail. All help is appreciated.

We also talked on how to make paroli more interesting to developers and
testers. So I will help anyone who goes about building devel tools such
as the gsm monitor or likewise in paroli. The structure is so open that
it shouldn't be too much work.

Also the question of a screenlock a la zhone arose ... I think we need
one or is there an easy way to get into using pre-existing tools?

In short:

- fso ms 5.5 will contains everything needed by paroli
- pim, bt, small fixes

- fso will have a watchdog to restart paroli in case of crash

- paroli will start using opimd as soon as possible and help moving it along

- paroli invites developer tools - if you have an idea and just need a
hint about how to get started or some edje support, mail, irc, jabber

- screenlock?

- small fixes to design needed in paroli, such as volume control in
various places. Any others

Let me point to my other email from today as well. We have a package
again, so once again I invite you to see our progress and share your
opinions, give us your critique and help us.

The motto still counts, if you want to get active in development or
check it out and tell us what you think. Shoot :)

/mirko

and don’t forget:
website: http://www.paroli-project.org
bug tracker: http://www.paroli-project.org/trac