Openmoko Bug #2073: voice-recording.state + arecord: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at docs.openmoko.org
Tue Feb 17 12:47:40 CET 2009

#2073: voice-recording.state + arecord: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer
dereference at virtual address 00000000
 Reporter:  lindi    |          Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  defect   |         Status:  new
Component:  unknown  |        Version:
 Severity:  normal   |       Keywords:
 Haspatch:  1        |      Blockedby:
Estimated:           |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:           |   Reproducible:  always
Changes (by arhuaco):

  * haspatch:  0 => 1

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:13 lindi]:
 > Graeme just pointed out I should use voip-handset.state. And indeed,
 "arecord | aplay" works perfectly with that!

 It's really good to know that! As Paul said on IRC the driver should never
 crash. He wrote a nice patch that I'm testing now.

 https://paulfertser.is-a-geek.org/files/0001-Hack-to-temporarily-avoid-
 Oops-on-recording-with-DAI.patch

--
Ticket URL: <https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2073#comment:14>