Sebastian Reichel elektranox at
Wed Feb 18 14:54:00 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 12:31:58PM +0100, Mirko Lindner wrote:
> Hi,
> I saw the note about momtools in the community update draft.
> It looks like a very interesting project and I was curious to get in
> touch with the person(s) behind it.
> About questions such as Why not develop using paroli as the basis is
> already there and if there was interest to do so.
> I (or we as a team) would be interested as we lack the gprs and wifi
> parts as of now.
> /mirko

I couldn't test paroli so far (due to the lack of some
python-enlightenment stuff in debian ;)), but since you are using
the framework GPRS is really easy to use - have a look at my connect

root at freerunner ~ # cat /usr/local/bin/gprs
import dbus, sys

APN      = "internet.t-mobile"
USERNAME = "t-mobile"

bus = dbus.SystemBus()
gsm_device_obj = bus.get_object( 'org.freesmartphone.ogsmd',
'/org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device' )
gsm_pdp_interface = dbus.Interface(gsm_device_obj,

if len(sys.argv) > 1 and sys.argv[1] == "start":
    gsm_pdp_interface.ActivateContext(APN, USERNAME, PASSWORD)
elif len(sys.argv) > 1 and sys.argv[1] == "stop":
    print "%s <start|stop>" % sys.argv[0]

I guess you can easily implement it in paroli ;)

-- Sebastian Reichel