Illume keyboard

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at
Thu Feb 19 03:10:45 CET 2009

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 23:30:47 +0000 Al Johnson <openmoko at>

> On Wednesday 18 February 2009, Nicola Mfb wrote:
> > >
> > > You need to set a suitable X window property as I understand it, but I
> > > don't know how this is done in Qt. This post has a few more details:
> >
> > Thanks! do you know if some not e-based software uses this? I'd like
> > to read some snippets...
> I keep meaning to find out how to do it with python and gtk, but haven't done
> it yet. I'll post it if I have any success.

e/illume support the matchbox protocol - install the mb input plugin for gtk
and it will work. qt (qte) shipped by om already has patches to support the
property method for entry fields. e/illum support as many protocols as i could
find (also support the multitap input plugin protocol from matchbox). the
property one is e/illumes own proto (should be more reliable and solid than the
matchbox ones).

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at