are USB interrupt transfers possible with s3c2410_udc?

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Thu Feb 19 18:35:28 CET 2009

Hi,

while trying to make freerunner appear as a USB keyboard I noticed
that gadgetfs exports only bulk endpoints:

$ ls /dev/gadget/
ep1-bulk  ep1-bulk  ep1-bulk  ep2-bulk  ep2-bulk  ep2-bulk  ep3-bulk  ep3-bulk  ep3-bulk  ep4-bulk  ep4-bulk  ep4-bulk  s3c2410_udc
ep1-bulk  ep1-bulk  ep1-bulk  ep2-bulk  ep2-bulk  ep2-bulk  ep3-bulk  ep3-bulk  ep3-bulk  ep4-bulk  ep4-bulk  ep4-bulk
ep1-bulk  ep1-bulk  ep1-bulk  ep2-bulk  ep2-bulk  ep2-bulk  ep3-bulk  ep3-bulk  ep3-bulk  ep4-bulk  ep4-bulk  ep4-bulk
ep1-bulk  ep1-bulk  ep1-bulk  ep2-bulk  ep2-bulk  ep2-bulk  ep3-bulk  ep3-bulk  ep3-bulk  ep4-bulk  ep4-bulk  ep4-bulk

I then read the SC32442B manual chapter 13 on usb device
controller. Its introduction mentions

  "USB device controller allows bulk transfer with DMA, interrupt and
   control transfer."

However, the document does not mention interrupt transfers anywhere
else and IN_CSR2_REG, bit ISO, makes me think that maybe only bulk
transfers are possible:

"Used only for endpoints whose transfer type is programmable.
 1: Reserved
 0: Configures endpoint to Bulk mode"

Are the endpoints programmable? Does the hardware let me write a
gadgetfs device that makes the phone appear as a USB keyboard that
transmits data using interrupt transfers?

best regards,
Timo Lindfors