WLAN: current status and new bits of weirdness - more info

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Mon Feb 23 04:39:22 CET 2009

Werner,

Philip Rhoades wrote:
> Werner,
>

> Werner Almesberger wrote:
>> Philip Rhoades wrote:

>>> even WITHOUT the backslash that I had previously before the "$" in line
>>> one, this line still seems to be a problem - at each boot, I STILL get the
>>> FR taking forever to start with hundreds of lines like:

>> Hmm, this is really odd. I have now repeated exactly what you did
>> (same kernel, same rootfs, NOR, commands copied from your mail) and
>> it works perfectly.

After I flashed the latest fso_unstable images I still had trouble with
the repeated lines from before (even after doing a NOR u-boot and then
trying to save a new, clean, basic NAND boot conf).  So I eventually
went through the fixing u-boot partition exercise (using dfu-util) to
start from scratch which finally cleaned it up.  Since that worked, I
re-installed your test kernel, u-booted with your test lines OK and
waited for the WLAN to fail and then was finally able to run "dmesg -s
2000000"! - see attached file.

Hope this sheds some light . .

Phil.
--