LDAP client libraries available?

Michael Pilgermann KichKasch at gmx.de
Mon Feb 23 14:54:58 CET 2009

Dear all,
I am contributing to a program for PIM syncronisation (PISI - http://projects.openmoko.org/projects/pisi/) - a small tools written in Python.
As part of this; I want to develop a syncronisation option for OM (SQLite) with external ressources - first of all with LDAP servers. A python module is available for LDAP (Python-LDAP - http://python-ldap.sourceforge.net/); however, this one relies on installed LDAP libraries.

So, my question here:
Is there any way to download a pre-compiled package of these libraries or a straight forward way to built (and deploy) them myself? (As an application level programmer (Python) I am not too familar with these things).

Thx in advance
Mike