GSM moko11-beta firmware: show of hands

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Wed Feb 25 10:06:43 CET 2009

Am 25.02.2009 um 01:39 schrieb Werner Almesberger:

> Tilman Baumann wrote:
>> The only thing that I noticed is that registering on the network
>> (or whatever it is doing the first seconds) takes ages.
>
> So this is something that was introduced with moko11-beta ?
> Which GSM firmware version did you run before ?

Something very old. I have no records about the version number,
but it was the version with wich the earliest gta01 came into public.

> It would be good if someone who's experiencing this problem with
> moko11-beta could try to downgrade to moko10 and see if it still
> happens.

Not this week, but I could do it next week when I have time again.

> Ah, and how long is "ages" ? :-)

01:40 min:sec from X startup to complete gsm initialisation.
ophonekitd starts with X and does pretty much not more then to
allocate the GSM resource from frameworkd. (afaik)