Qi with messages?

Robert Piasek robert.piasek at member.fsf.org
Wed Feb 25 23:05:33 CET 2009

On Wednesday 25 February 2009 21:07:52 Leonti Bielski wrote:
> Hello!
> Strange thing just happend to me - after upgrading gsm firmware I
> decided to upgrade Qi as well.
> I downloaded it from [1].
> After pressing power button instead of just backlight I get some
> system messages as with normal u-boot?
> When I downgraded to some older version that I have on my disk I have
> normal qi - no messages, just backlight.
>
> Does qi initialize video now? Or this is some glitch from my side?

Qi itself does (almost) nothing more but initialize hardware and starts linux.
It doesn't touch blacklight (it's kernel already).

If you want more verbose output - create a file /boot/append-GTA02 with
console=tty0 loglevel=8

That will slow boot down a bit, but will give you more verbose output.

I hope that helps