[FSO] BT bonding through DBUS

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Fri Feb 27 12:44:20 CET 2009

I have tried to register to fso-userspace list yesterday but I'm still
waiting for the confirmation list, so I post it here hoping some one
from fso is listening. and I have not open a ticket (yet) because
maybe is not FSO related and is only  related to org.bluez dbus
interface.

I have successfully bounded a BT keyboard on Hackable1 using the
following instructions, this keyboard needs a code based bonding being
Neo to start the authentication  dialog.

#for fso, on Hacakble1 you can use the widget on top bar to start bluetooth
mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ousaged /org/freesmartphone/Usage
org.freesmartphone.Usage.SetResourcePolicy "Bluethooth" "enabled"

#to know the id of you device
hcitool dev

#to know the id of your remote device find it in
hcitool scan

echo "$REMOTE_BT_DEVICE_ID $PINCODE" >
/var/lib/bluetooth/$LOCAL_BT_DEVICE_ID/pincodes
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=org.bluez
/org/bluez/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.CreateBonding
string:$REMOTE_BT_DEVICE_ID
hidd --connect $REMOTE_BT_DEVICE_ID

export or substitute the $variables for the response of hcitool dev
and hcitool scan and remember what you as put in $PINCODE to introduce
in the remote device.

It works like a charm on Hackable1 and I supose it will in any debian
based distro, I will try to test my self that soon.

I understand this solution doesn't work on OM2008.X distros because
they don't have the fso framework nor dbus so evolved.

But for my surprise, in FSO 5.1 opkg update/ugrade from yesterday
doesn't works either. This is the error when I try to execute the dbus
bounding instruction

root at om-gta02:~# dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=org.
bluez /org/bluez/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.CreateBonding string:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "CreateBonding"
with signature "s" on interface "org.bluez.Adapter" doesn't exist

I have bluez are installed and I saw in
http://bluez.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/bluez/utils/hcid/dbus-api.txt
CreateBondig is a method from org.bluez.Adapter, so what is wrong?

--
David Reyes Samblas Martinez
http://www.tuxbrain.com